Posts Tagged ‘Political science’
Economics is a field of study that has always held a place of importance. With the increasing interconnectivity between the nations of the world, the need for most comprehensive understanding of economics has become more and more pressing. The development of the numerous domains, sub-domains and interdisciplinary fields is a result of this need. Economics has a major role to play in the social policies that are devised and developed by government institutions and courses in economics and social policy expose students to the effect that these have on each other. The course engages students in the rigorous study of economic, social and geographical factors that come into play when decisions on social policies are made. The course also engages them with the application of these factors on contemporary policy issues. This course provides students an insight into the overlapping domains of economics and politics in the contemporary world and enables them to function in the actual real time dynamic environment.
The undergraduate honours course in economics and social policy that is taught in most institutions of higher education in education hubs around the world like UK, US, Australia etc. consists a wide range of subjects and topics. The duration is usually for 3 years but this may vary according to internships and part-time options available to students. The course curriculum may include topics like:
- Data analysis for social sciences
- Environment, economy and society
- Introduction to economic principles and policy
- Information technology skills for social science
- Social relations and social policy
- Study techniques
- Applied statistics and econometrics
- Economics of public policy
- Financial institutions and markets
- Globalisation in the contemporary world
- Intermediate macroeconomics
- Intermediate microeconomics
- Issues in development economics
- Modern political analysis
- Political economy
- Political radicalism
- Principles of geographical information systems
- Quantitative techniques for economics
- Regional economic development and policy.
Some of these modules may be optional while others may be mandatory. The precise course structure is subject to the discretion of the concerned institution, college or university. Get comprehensive economics and social policy assignment help from us at the economics assignment help site. Take our experts help and score enviable marks in assignments and case studies. Contact us with your queries.